First things first. Would you like your hair up or down? It’s like asking, would you like meat or fish for dinner?
Second, are you a plain Jane, or a glamour girl? Plain Jane’s feel more comfortable in a lower, simpler, not too detailed type of hairstyle, whereas, glamour girls might want a higher, fuller, curlier and bigger statement hairstyle.
Third, make sure to get a hairstyle that compliments your facial structure. That means, if you have a small or big forehead, try sweeping your bangs. If you have a square jaw line, try leaving some tendrils around your face to soften the strong lines. If you have a long lean face, stay away from a high up-do, as it will elongate your face even more.
Finally, get a hairstyle that also compliments your bridal gown: -Princess Ball gown will look best with a bigger and higher up-do
-Heavily decorated and beaded gowns will look best with curls and randomness
-Vintage gowns look best with finger waves and thick curls
-Strapless gowns will look best with some hair down
-Halter top gowns will look best with the hair up and off the shoulders
“In all of the wedding cake, hope is the sweetest of plums.”
What to expect on the morning of your wedding day:
- You will wake up frequently through-out the night
- You will be up pretty early
- Your hairstylist and makeup artist will be the first vendors you see
- Then the florist will come to drop off bouquets and will leave to the church to set up
- Then the photographer will come
- The photographer will usually spend the first 30 minutes taking pictures of your gown with the shoes, invitation, rings, tiara, veil and anything else that you may have
- The photographer will then take candid pictures of you and your bridal party getting ready
- You and your bridal party will get dressed and off you go to your ceremony
- Make sure you eat something! Nothing’s worse than being nervous on an empty stomach. You don’t want to be remembered as the bride that passed out at the altar!
- Have an emergency kit (scissors, pins, aspirin...)
- Have a designated helper (typically a wedding planner, if not then a friend who’s NOT in the bridal party)
- It's your wedding day, don't stress!! Laugh when things go wrong and enjoy the company of your closest friends and family members.
“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”
Fun facts about your wedding day that we have witnessed first-hand:
- Someone's tuxedo will be the wrong size
- Your bridesmaid’s dresses will be wrinkled and you will try to steam them in the hotel's bathroom by turning the hot water on. It won't work!
- Your panty hose will run
- One of your bridesmaids will be hung over from the rehearsal dinner and sleeping on the couch
- You will go from silly happy to snappy as time runs out.
- You will have awesome hair as well as your wedding party at Capricio Salon & Spa!
- If you can't make it to the salon, we will most definitely travel to your wedding destination.
“This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.”
Wedding Day Advice for the Bride:
• The Bride should wear a button down shirt when she is getting her hair done!
• Order a second, less expensive, bouquet for tossing so you may preserve the original!
• Make sure your limousine is properly insured.
• Eat breakfast before the wedding! You will feel better and you will avoid fainting!
• When ordering your gown and dresses, say your wedding day is earlier than it actually is!
• If you are leaving the country you may need immunizations, you WILL need a passport!
• If you are leaving the reception for your honeymoon, how will your gifts get home?
• Never forget how much you love each other, your wedding is the first day of a lifetime together!
• Be careful not to sit older guests directly next to the speakers!
• Have only professionals perform the music at your wedding and reception!
• Maintain a sense of humor throughout planning your wedding! Laughter is a great stress reliever!
3041 N. Oakland Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53211